Katie Nash is a community advocate, business owner, and parent- educator. Her blended home is blessed with her husband, Josh Bokee, children, Spencer, Cade, and Liberty, and three adopted bosses: Lavender and Charcoal the Dogs, Red the Cat, and Gigi the Bearded Dragon.
Katie loves spending time with her family outdoors - gardening, running, hiking, camping, and picking up kids’ toys.
Katie graduated from Hood College (B.A. and MBA), worked for the Maryland General Assembly in Annapolis, and is now in the private sector advancing first responders, community libraries, equity and inclusion, vaccine distribution, education opportunities, renewable energy, and much more.
Katie serves multiple non-profit organizations and is active in her faith community.
Katie is an energetic problem solver and servant leader. She values transparency and has built a reputation of integrity in advocacy and in business. She is running for Alderman to be an advocate for residents in City Hall.
Katherine (Katie) Nash
Summary of Qualifications
Enthusiastic leader who independently completes high-visibility projects. Effective communicator who drives strategic vision; skilled writer and experienced public speaker. Creative talent who thrives under pressure.
Greater Good Maryland Owner, August 2019 to Present
Creator and manager of a woman-owned firm. Devoted to providing superior government and public affairs in the pursuit of social justice and community development through service to local governments, “white hat” business entities, and non-profit organizations.Develops legislative initiatives with a project management approach. Uses business to business relationships to create profitable partnerships. Develops partnerships to equitably advocate for clients. Offers advocacy training as needed.
Greenwill Consulting Group Partner, January 2017 to August 2019
Managed a government affairs minority-owned firm including client/office management, policy development, supervision of a legislative aide and contract lobbyists, and the execution of an annual legislative agenda for more than 10 clients. Served as a liaison for local organizations and advocated for legislation and budget initiatives. Drafted communication and created opportunities to earn media for advocacy efforts. Successfully completed grant and budget proposals for clients (currently in excess of $1 million). Clients included local governments, non-profit organizations, and multinational corporations.
GRSi Business & Program Manager, ISO 9001 Management Representative, January 2011 to September 2014
Participated in quality management, proposal, and business development activities for a mid-sized woman-owned information technology company. Led business partnerships with 8A/MBE firms for teaming. Developed strategic integration documents and managed corporate and client process improvement projects to achieve greater efficiency and quality for customers, including the GRSi Quality Management System.
Maryland General Assembly Legislative Staff (2003-2005, 2007-2010, 2015-2017)
Aircraft Owners and Pilots Association Marketing Coordinator (2005 to 2007)
U.S. Army Medical Materiel Agency (USAMMA) Administrative Assistant/Student Hire (2003-2005)
Master of Business Administration, Hood College Graduate School, May 2008
Bachelor of Arts, Political Science and History, Hood College, May 2004
Mediation Training (Re-Entry, Group Facilitation, Individualized Education Program Facilitation, Parenting Plan)
Current Community Involvement/Volunteerism
- Community Impact Chair, Executive Board Member, United Way of Frederick County
- Co-Chair, Disadvantaged Business Review Panel, City of Frederick
- Board Secretary, Community Mediation Maryland
- Board Member, Maryland Government Relations Association
Past Community Involvement/Volunteerism
- Legislative Advocacy Chair, Baltimore Washington Conference, United Methodist Church ● Frederick County Mediation Executive Director
- Affordable Housing Council
- Staff Parish Relations Chair, Trinity United Methodist Church
- PTA President, Lincoln Elementary School (and Play Program Coordinator) ● Youth Soccer Coach, Frederick County Parks and Recreation
- Celebrate Frederick Volunteer
- Religious Coalition of Emergency Human Needs (RCEHN) Volunteer
- Life Member, The African American Resources – Cultural and Heritage Society (AARCH)
- Member, Sierra Club
- Member, Trinity United Methodist Church
- Member, RISE Coalition
- Member, NAACP, Frederick Chapter
- Member, Engaging Local Government Leaders (ELGL)
- Member, West Frederick PTSA
- Owner, Common Market
Conferences and Continuing Education
- Maryland Municipal League Summer Conference
- Maryland Association of Counties Summer and Winter Conferences
- National Conference of State Legislators Legislative Summit
- International Conference of Shopping Centers